Friday, July 23, 2010

Promotion

Today I thought I would blog about promotion. I haven't done the best of promoting my books lately, at least not very actively, not like I used to. I hardly ever post excerpts on yahoo groups. The only groups I really talk on are ones where we talk about writing, not necessarily to pump up our own.

And yet, according to novelrank, I'm selling steadily despite this.

Why?

I have a few guesses. One, I have a lot of contacts on facebook, between my personal page and my fan page. And I post on them when my books are available for a different ereader and I mentioned Barnes and Noble's sale of my books. Normally they sell for 5.99 each, now just 2.56. Not sure how long that's gonna last but that's over 50% off!

I've also been blogging more consistently (lol, I don't think I'll ever be someone who can blog every day though) and I comment on more blogs than I have before. And I'm active on goodreads.

So those are my guesses as to how my sales haven't dropped off despite not actively pushing my books. What avenues of promotions work for you? What seems to affect your sales? What doesn't?

2 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Oh, and don't forget they are good books and people tell other people about them too. *grins* Word of mouth goes a long way.

As for promoting, I try to mention my stories every so often to people and point them to my blog and website. I'll be figuring out more promotion though as "Once Upon a December Nightmare" comes out, including blog interviews and various other things. I'm even thinking of dabbling into book trailer making, but I haven't decided one way or the other yet.

Aubrie said...

Sounds like you're doing a great job with promo!