Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Contest Today on the QueryTracker Blog

Agent Joan Paquette from the Erin Murphy Literary Agency will judge the QT contest that opens today, Wednesday October 27th at 9:00am Eastern time and ends 24 hours later at 9:00am Eastern time on Thursday, October 28th. 

EMLA represents children's literature only, so no adult projects in this contest, please.

Ms. Paquette wants to see a one-line pitch and the FIRST 100 words (plus or minus 1/2 sentence--don't just cut it off mid sentence) of completed children's picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, or young adult novels.

Because Ms. Paquette does not accept unsolicited queries, this is a great way to get your work in front of her.

Is anyone going to enter? I am! I'm going to enter my PB story. It's the first time I'm sending this story out into the big scary world of submissions. *bites nails*

9 comments:

Bast said...

I'll be entering my YA paranormal romance SEEING

Renae said...

Good luck to eveyone that enters!

Lola Sharp said...

No, I'm not. But good luck!!
And, your blog is looking pretty. :)

Now stop biting those nails. ;)

Love,
Lola

Cherie Reich said...

Good luck! I really don't have anything ready to send agents yet, so I'm waiting to do these types of contests at a later time. :)

Ishta Mercurio said...

Oh, YEAH! I am TOTALLY entering!

Thanks for posting about it - good luck!

Stina said...

I entered! :D

Wow, she's going to be busy reading all of them.

Julie Musil said...

I didn't enter this one. You'll have to let me know how it goes! Good luck.

Theresa Milstein said...

Great contest, but she already passed on my project. : (

If you get a chance tomorrow, please stop by my blog. I'm hosting a Halloween Haunting!

Unknown said...

Yay!!!! Good luck to all who enters!!! I'm working on revisions right now!