Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hated Literary Characters

We all have favorite literary characters. I love Anne of Green Gables. And Aragorn. And Alanna from the Lioness Quartet. Han Solo (I have an entire shelf devoted to SW books #imadork)

But what about the flip side? What characters do you hate?

It's easy to list villains. Voldemort. Dark Vader. Iago. Bella Swan (not a villain I know but I can't stand her.)

Who do you hate?

Here's a compilation of the 50 most hated characters in- iterary history. Do you agree with the list? Disagree? Who would you add?

5 comments:

Vicki Rocho said...

There was a 'sequel' to Pride & Prejudice (okay, there have been a lot of them) in which the author turned my beloved Elizabeth into a shrinking coward. I couldn't finish it, it was that bad.

Cherie Reich said...

I actually feel a bit bad for Voldemort and don't hate him, but I hate, hate, HATE Umbridge. I hate her with a passion.

As for other books, I dislike Raoul from The Phantom of the Opera. Sorry, I'm more of an Erik, the opera ghost, girl.

And, I dislike Bella Swan and Edward Cullen from Twilight.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the main ones I can think of at the moment.

Anonymous said...

LOL.I can't even think of one this morning. I mean, besides the evil ones like the darth vader types.

Ones that bug me are the Movie version of Edward Cullen. I liked his character in the book...but not on screen, that's for sure!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Ooh, I'm going to have to agree with the above. But I recently read/reviewed and adult book where there was a military officer who was a total jerk!! Yeah, I'd have tomatoed him.

Unknown said...

Oh, I agree with the list. Like Tom Buchanan from Gatsby who smacked about his wife or Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights. Or even Rochester from Jane Eyre.

CD